Department of Geography
University of Hawai‘i
Saunders Hall 445, 2424 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Telephone: (808) 956-7345
Fax: (808) 956-3512
Aquaculture management, shrimp farming, community supported fisheries and aquaculture, marine and coastal tourism, environmental impact assessment.
I have led a number of projects in Hawai'i and in Southeast Asia based at Burapha University in Bang Saen, Thailand including:
- Climate Change Adaptation for Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Management Issues at West Hawai'i Manta Ray Dive Sites
- Marine Recreation at the Molokini MLCD
- Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Plan for Hawai'i
- Small Island Planning in Thailand
- Coastal Society of Hawai'i
Prospective Graduate Students
I am actively seeking graduate students who are interested in: studying coastal aquaculture management, shrimp farming, or community supported aquaculture in Hawai'i or Southeast Asia.