Department of Geography
University of Hawai‘i
Saunders Hall 445, 2424 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Telephone: (808) 956-7345
Fax: (808) 956-3512
Environmental impact assessment, coastal planning and management, marine recreation management, carrying capacity and crowding, and behavioral research techniques.
I have a number of on-going projects in Hawai‘i and in Southeast Asia based at Burapha University in Bang Saen, Thailand including:
• Coastal Recreation Management-by-Objectives Framework for Hawai‘i
• Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Plan for Hawai‘i
• The Coastal Society of Hawai‘i
• Assessing Crowding in Heavily Used Dive Sites
• Small Island Management in Thailand
Prospective Graduate Students
I am actively seeking graduate students who are interested in: studying carrying capacity issues related to marine recreation development, investigating crowding in heavily used dive sites, or assessing the environmental impacts of coastal development in Hawai‘i or Southeast Asia (specifically Thailand).