Ch10. Usage Practice
- Your teacher asked about your parents. Tell her that your father is 45 years old and employed at a bank, and your mother is also 45 years old and she is a junior high school teacher.
- At a party, tell a Japanese friend that Yoshida is wearing blue sweater and a pair of jeans. Yoshida also wears a pair of eye glasses.
- Tell a colleague that Mr. Miller's wife is of Japanese descent (nikkee-jin), but she doesn't understand Japanese at all.
- A Japanese colleague asked about Mr. Smith, a new colleague. Tell her that Mr. Smith is tall and skinny. He's 40 years old but not married.
- A classmate asked about your mother. Tell him/her what kind person she is. (i.e., appearance, talents and interests)
- Ask your classmate
a. how many people in his/her family.
b. how old he/she is.
c. if he/she has any brothers and sisters.
- You just learned that a Japanese acquaintance came from Tokyo. Tell him that your second oldest brother lived in Tokyo for two years.
- Tell your friend that your younger brother is good at tennis, but he doesn't like study.
- At a party, your Japanese friend asked who Susan was. Tell him that you are not sure, but you think Susan is the person who has long hair and wears a long skirt.
- You're looking for a new roommate. Tell your classmate what type of person you are looking for and ask for his/her help.
- Your classmate brought a little girl to class. Find out if it is his/her younger sister. Then, how old she is.
- A Japanese classmate asked if Tanaka is married. Tell that you think she is married and has two girls.
- Tell your classmates what skills or talents you have.
- A classmate asked what kind of person you like. Tell that you like person who is good at sports, intelligent, and kind.
- A Japanese friend asked you what you think of KCC. Tell what you think.