Library & Information Science Program -- Information & Computer Sciences Dept.
University of Hawaii at Manoa Honolulu
LIS Curriculum & Professional Development Committee
- Péter JACSÓ
- Luz Marina QUIROGA
- Andrew WERTHEIMER (Chair, Fall 2006-)
- Dinah CHAO (Neighbor island representative)
- Open (Secretary, Fall 2007-)
- Open (Fall 2007-)
- Power Searching the Web Seminar: Open Access Scholarly and other High Quality Databases with Professor Péter JACSÓ 14 May 2007/ 9.00-4.30/ Cost: $149/ Click [here] for more details or [here] to register.
Most Recent News
- LIS-Faculty added
[ICS 691] Information Architecture and [LIS 678] Personalized Information Delivery: Information Filtering to meet the COA technological knowledge competency. (Approved by LIS Faculty on 20 April 07).
- LIS-CPDC recommends requiring students to take at least two of the following courses:[LIS 647], [LIS 663], [LIS 670], [LIS 671], [LIS 672], and [ICS 624] to meet the COA technological knowledge competency. The LIS Faculty approved this requirement for incoming students as of Fall 2007. (Approved by LIS Faculty on 23 Feb. 07).
- LIS-CPDC recommends requiring [LIS 615] Collection Management to meet the COA core competency of "resource building." The LIS Faculty approved this requirement for incoming students as of Fall 2007. (Approved by the LIS Faculty on 23 Feb. 07).
- Formerly [LIS 694: Info. Tech; now [LIS 602 Introduction to Multimedia Technology & Resources] has been approved by Grad. Div. and is now in the LIS catalog of courses.
- CPDC established an Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Distance Education, Chaired by Luz Marina Quiroga (Feb 07).
- [LIS 602] Introduction to Multimedia Technology & Resources [Approved by LIS & ICS Curriculum Committees, Sept. 2006]
- [ICS 210] Informattion Systems in Society has been approved by the university as a new course in the ICS BA in IT.
- Course Modification Approved: Deleted: [LIS 679] Library Sys Oper & Interp.
- Course Modification Approved: Added: [LIS 611] Intellectual Freedom
- Future Meetings (Fall 07): AUG 31, SEP 7, OCT 5, NOV 2 from 12:00-1:00
Documents, Resources, & Links
>>> Last Updated 21 April 2007