ASSOCIATION OF HAWAII ARCHIVISTS
Board Meeting, 18 January 2008

Present: Ellen Chapman, Barbara Dunn, Laura Gerwitz, Susan Shaner, Andrew Wertheimer; Excused: Judy Kearney, Pat Ogburn, Helen Wong Smith

Andrew called the meeting to order at 5:15.
Minutes of the December meeting were accepted as written.
Laura reported that we have $4,689.16 in the account.

ANNUAL MEEETING

REGISTRATION: Because of the short time before the Feb. 9 conference, we decided not to offer an early registration discount, just a flat rate for all. The deadline for receiving registrations and payments is February 1. This information should be in the newsletter. Laura will retrieve the registrations from the AHA mailbox and will let all Board members know Laura how many are received by Feb. 1 so that they will be able to calculate assorted things to buy or bring. Laura will ask the YWCA to provide a table for registration and she will supply nametags for attendees.

COFFEE BREAK: There are no facilities at the YWCA for preparing or staging coffee-break food or drink, but there is a Starbucks very close by. Susan will check to see if it is open on Saturdays. Susan will bring malasadas.

LUNCH:
FOOD: Barbara is working with Paul Onishi at KCC on the menu and costs, but has not yet received an offer from him. Susan suggested we think about box lunches from Paradise Caf which is close to the YWCA; they have good sandwiches and a box would be under $10. She will contact the Cafe and gather information we need. Pat will provide sodas and bottled water and be reimbursed by AHA.
VENUE: The YWCA provides the outside loggia for eating, but charges $125, so we declined that idea. We can eat in the meeting room and/or on the lawn.

PROGRAM: Andrew and Helen will work together to synthesize all the suggestions and finalize the activities and the schedule. Andrew will produce the printed program.
POSTER SESSION: Andrew reported that an LIS student wants to participate. He suggested that it be held during an extended coffee break so that people would have the opportunity to talk with the presenter and each other.
SPEAKERS/PANELS: Each speaker/panelist will be asked to provide a brief bio for use when they are introduced by Laura. Helen will be the will discuss these, issue invitations, and set the final program. If you have other ideas, please give them to Helen (smith@hawaii.edu) or Andrew (wertheim@hawaii.edu).
STATE ARCHIVES: Susan offered to lead a tour through the State Archives after the last session, i.e., from about 3:00-4:00, and we accepted.

MEMBERSHIP MEETING: 9:00-9:30?
OFFICER ELECTION: The Nominating Committee slate and any write-in nominations will be up for vote.
2007 ANNUAL MEETING REPORT: [who has this? I don't]
ANNUAL TREASURER'S REPORT

NEW BOARD MEETING: The new Board will meet from 4:00-4:30 in the State Archives after the tour there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHECK-SIGNING CHANGE: Also on the ballot will be our proposal that only one officer's signature is needed for checks of $499 or less. Two signatures will still be required for checks of $500 or more.

The meeting was adjourned at 5:55.

*****Next Meeting***** Day, time and venue to be decided by the new Board.

Respectfully submitted,
Ellen Chapman, Secretary