Aloha from the Association of Hawaii Archivists
Occasion: AHA Holiday Social, 6 December 2005, grounds of the Mission Houses Museum/Hawaiian Historical Society. Attendees: sitting, l-r: Leilani Pyle, Martha Hoverson, Agnes Conrad, Susan Campbell, and Linda Soma; standing, l-r: Andrew Wertheimer, Carol Hasegawa, Susan Shaner, Ron Chapman, Ellen Chapman, Kanani Reppun, Barbara Dunn, James Cartwright, Patricia Ogburn, Judith Kearney, Wally Mahan, Gina Vergara-Bautista, Laura Gerwitz, and Ron Schaeffer. (Photograph taken by Noriko Asato; Text by James Cartwright).
>>> Help us Save the Hawaii Medical Library <<<
>>>> Upcoming AHA Activities
- 2007 Annual Conference: Pu'uohoku Ranch, Molokai for two nights - Friday, 30 March through Sunday, 1 April.
- Please see the Newsletter for details and registration form.
>>> AHA's Agnes C. Conrad Award
- The AHA Board created the AGNES C. CONRAD AWARD and presented it first to Agnes C. Conrad on 6 December 2005 [Click for Details].
>>>> Recent Local Position Announcements
>>>> Newsletter [See 2004-5 or 2005-6 for Older Issues]
>>>> Selected Past Activities [See 2004-5 or 2005-6 for Older Issues]
- The AHA's annual Holiday Social was held at the Mission Houses Museum, (with Honolulu City Lights as a backdrop). Tuesday, 5 December 2006 at 6 pm.
- Molokai Workshop with Helen Wong Smith, DeSoto Brown, and Linda Hee: “Caring For Family Treasures”: The Queen Liliuokalani Children’s Center sponsored a workshop on care of family heirlooms and treasures on May 20, 2006 at the QLCC Uluhaimalama Group Activity Room. The workshop began at 9:00am with presentations on how to care for photographs, textiles and paper. Following a lunch break from noon to 12:30 P.M. the archivists were available to provide advice on individual items. Pre-registration is required. Information: 808/ 553-5369 - Andreana.
- Our Annual Summer Social was on Saturday, 22 July from 11am to 3pm at the Judd Estate.
- 2006 Annual Conference: Photos 18 March 2006 at the Honolulu Academy of Arts Photographs
- [Non-AHA event]: the Hawaii State Archives 100th birthday, 31 August 2006 Kekauluohi Building, Iolani Palace Grounds
- [Non-AHA event]: Come celebrate the Hawaii State Archives 100th birthday
- Hawai`i State Archives Centennial Talks 2006/ Fridays: Noon - 1:00 pm/ Free Admission/ Old Archives Building, `Iolani Palace Grounds
- October 6 - Kepa Maly/ "Land Records of the Hawai`i State Archives: Personal Experiences and Hopes for Improved Access."
- October 13 - Tom Coffman/ "Researching Nation Within: The Foreign Office and Executive Files."
- October 20-Victoria Kneubuhl and Craig Howes/ "Artists in the Archives: Research for Arts and Humanities Programs."
- October 27- Anwei Skinsnes Law/ "The People of Kalaupapa as Active Participants in Their Own History."
- Special thanks to: The Friends of `Iolani Palace/ For more information : 586-0311/586-0329 or visit their website.
- Laura Ruby, "Hawai'i's Archives: Crucial sources for Mo'ili'ili: The Life of a Community"-- Tuesday, 24 October at 7:00pm at the Hawaii Mission Houses Museum
>>>> AHA Board Meeting Minutes, 2006-2007
>>>> Archival Education in Hawaii and Beyond
- >>>> Officers, 2006-07
Thanks to past officer James Cartwright
>>>> Archives in Hawaii:
>>>> Links to Professional Associations:
>>>>Last updated 2 March 2007
This page has not been updated as an online record. For current information, please visit our website.