University of Hawaii at Manoa / Library & Information Science Program/ Information & Computer Sciences Dept.
Spring 2008 Course Homepage
Students should purchase one of the following:
a) Students in the school library media center track should get: Kay Bishop, The Collection Program in Schools: Concepts, Practices, and Information Sources. 4th ed. (Greenwood, CO: Libraries Unlimited, 2007) (269 pp.). Paperback ISBN-13: 978-1-59158-360-8.
b) All other students should purchase: Edward G. Evans, Developing Library and Information Center Collections. 5th ed. (Englewood, CO: Libraries Unlimited, 2005) (472 pp.). Paperback ISBN 1-59158-219-9. Please get this new edition. Both texts are at the University Bookstore.
Both are available at the University Bookstore.
Guest Speakers & Field Trip:
Selected Additional Links:
• Reading: Evans Text Supplement 4th ed 5th ed.
• Sample 615 Papers
• Writing Handbook
• The Holoholo Review (new site on WetPaint)
• Dianne McAfee Hopkins, "School Library Media Centers and Intellectual Freedom" (ALA IF Manual 5th ed.)
• ALA, Office for Intellectual Freedom
• ALA, Intellectual Freedom Round Table
•ALA, Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
•ALA, Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange (EMIERT)
•Hawaii, DOE, School Library Services
•HSPLS Collection Development Policy
•University of Hawaii at Manoa, "Library Collection Policy Statements"
• Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition
• 2004 LIS 615 Course Homepage
• 2005 LIS 615 Course Homepage
• 2006 LIS 615 Course Homepage
• 2007 LIS 615 Course Homepage
>>> Last updated: 6 May 2008.