- ACM Computer Hardware/Software Requirements
- ACM course catalog/descriptions
- List of all University of Hawaii Manoa Courses: Class Availability
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: registration timetable
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: Records & Registration website.
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: Registration Step-by-Step.
- UHM Catalog: Credits and Grades
- UHM Student Conduct Code Policies
- UHM Advising Center webpage
- NIH Suicide Prevention: website
- The minimum course grade to fulfill major requirements is a C (not C-). These requirements must be taken for a letter grade, unless the course is offered only with the CR/NC grade option.
- The minimum course grade to fulfill General Education Core requirements is a D (not D-).
- To graduate, students must be earn at least a 2.0 GPA (C average) for all UH Manoa registered credits.
- See College of Arts & Sciences requirements.
- Please keep me updated with your studies, grades, plans and graduation timeline. Make an appointment with me at least once every semester.
- Many courses on your Academic Planning Sheet are in high-demand. Please make sure you register or inquire for instructor approval early enough to secure a seat*.
- If you cannot enroll in courses you want to take, consider toenroll in other available courses. Email me whenever you have a question.
- There's no need to revise your Academic Planning Sheet, and you may take different courses than originally planned.
ADVISEES ABOUT TO GRADUATE - Golden Rod:
- One semester prior to your anticipated graduation date, please email to make an appointment with me to complete your Golden Rod Form (to confirm your current and future major requirements).
- Please take this ACM online exit survey before our meeting.
- Please print out two blank Golden Rod Forms and bring to the meeting.
- Please follow the Online Grad process to apply for graduation.
If I am assigned to you as your ACM Faculty advisor, please follow these steps:
- Review the ACM courses and requirements**.
- Download these files:
Schedule a mandatory advising appointment with me through email. Fill out a "draft version" of your Academic Planning Sheet, enter preliminary selection of desired ACM courses (Please write down the name/title of courses in addition to course numbers, thus easier to identify which course you're planning to take) Print and bring your draft Academic Planning Sheet and Declaration of Major form. Print, read and bring this addendum to the appointment. Please also bring two extra blank copies of the Academic Planning Sheet... in case we need to revise heavily. If there are non-ACM courses you are interested to take as electives, please bring information of those courses (course title, number, description) to the appointment. During the advising appointment, we will finalize your academic planning. I will sign and file your planning sheet. I will sign your Declaration of Major form, and give it back to you. You must personally submit the completed/signed Declaration of Major form to the Colleges of Arts and Sciences.
*You're not entitled to a seat in a certain course simply because it is listed in your plan. For many of the popular courses, if you wait till the day you're scheduled to register, it will likely be too late.
** To become an ACM major, you must have completed with at least a B (3.0) in Cinema and Digital Media (ACM255) and have completed 12 or more UHM credit hours with an overall 2.75 GPA. And you have to be enrolled as an undergraduate in the Colleges of Arts & Sciences (please view Arts & Sciences requirements.).
All Information on this website is subject to revision.