>>> ACM310, ACM372 & ACM374 no longer require instructor approval.
For students currently taking ACM255, please read this page.
For ACM399/499 Independent/Group Projects, please email me your screenplay well in advance for consent. You must also complete the Application for 399/499 Form (pdf) prior to the beginning of the semester.
Should any of my courses require instructor approval, please send me an email in advance. For a list of courses I teach, please visit UH Manoa Class Availability Website.
- ACM Computer Hardware/Software Requirements
- ACM course catalog/descriptions
- List of all University of Hawaii Manoa Courses: Class Availability
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: registration timetable
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: Records & Registration website.
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: Registration Step-by-Step.
- Please keep me updated with your studies, grades, plans and graduation timeline. Make an appointment with me at least once every semester.
- Many courses on your Academic Planning Sheet are in high-demand. Please make sure you register or inquire for instructor approval early enough to secure a seat*.
- If you cannot enroll in any planned courses and need to revise the Academic Planning Sheet, please email me immediately.
- Utlilize the Jump Session if you would like review your long term academic plan.
- One year prior to your anticipated graduation date, you must attend a Grad Session at College of Arts and Sciences. Prior to the Grad Session (check with an A&S advisor), you must make an appointment with me, to complete your Golden Rod Form.
If I am assigned to you as your ACM Faculty advisor, please follow these steps:
- Review the ACM courses and requirements**.
- Download these files:
Schedule a mandatory advising appointment with me through email. Fill out a draft version of your Academic Planning Sheet, enter preliminary selection of desired ACM courses. Please also write down name of courses, not just course number, so whoever reads your planning sheet doesn't need to cross-reference a course list to find out what a particular number is which course. Bring your pre-filled Academic Planning Sheet and the Declaration of Major form to the appointment. Print and bring the addendum to the appointment. Please also bring two blank copies of the Academic Planning Sheet... in case we need to revise heavily. If there are non-ACM courses you'd lke to take as electives, please bring information of those courses to the appointment. During the advising appointment, we will finalize your academic planning. I will sign and file your planning sheet. Your Declaration of Major form can be signed by me or ACM Chair.
You must personally submit the signed Declaration of Major form to the Colleges of Arts and Sciences.
*You're not entitled to a seat in a certain course simply because it is listed in your plan. For many of the popular courses, if you wait till the day you're scheduled to register, it will likely be too late.
** To become an ACM major, you must have completed with at least a B (3.0) in Cinema and Digital Media (ACM255) and have completed 12 or more UHM credit hours with an overall 2.5 GPA. And you have to be enrolled as an undergraduate in the Colleges of Arts & Sciences (view Arts & Sciences program requirements).
All Information on this website is subject to revision.