Policies : Library Mission Statement
UHWO Library Mission Statement & Goals
The UH West Oʻahu (UHWO) Library, in supporting the mission of the University of Hawaiʻi at West Oʻahu, is committed to providing excellent, user-centered service in meeting the information needs of students, faculty and staff. Using innovative technologies, UHWO Librarians develop, organize, preserve and deliver scholarly print and electronic resources and instruction that empowers students to become engaged, life-long learners. Through our services, collections, teaching and outreach, the library honors and supports diverse learning styles, perspectives and interests intrinsic to a liberal arts education. The library serves as the center of campus and promotes a welcoming and stimulating learning environment.
In order to succeed in attaining our mission, the UHWO Library has defined the following goals:
- 1. Acquire, maintain and manage scholarly print and electronic resources that support the University curriculum, student and faculty research, and faculty teaching; (balanced, current, relevant)
- 2. Provide seamless access to library print and electronic resources;
- 3. Empower students, through information literacy sessions, to make independent, confident decisions regarding their information needs now and beyond their undergraduate careers;
- 4. Create and foster a welcoming environment that is respective of all learning styles;
- 5. Provide public programming where students, faculty, staff and outside community members can engage in discussion.