Essay 4 (E22)
Dayle Turner -- Instructor
Leeward Community College
Essay 4 Assignment
What is the topic?
Just like your previous assignment, for this essay, you will need to find
information from outside sources, which should include materials from a
library or via the Internet (World Wide Web and information obtained via
email from a person who lives there). Specifically, you are to look for
information about a particular city (for example Hong Kong, Tokyo,
Manila, Paris and so forth) that you'd like to visit or live in one day.
To find information--
*Search the World Wide Web using netscape
Your essay should include--
*Go to the LCC and/or public library and find books and articles (magazine
and/or newspaper articles).
*Locate an email contact who lives in that country (remember how you found
email contacts for exercise 2?).
*Use other means you can think of
- GENERAL INFO about the city: its population,
its geographic location, its climate and so forth.
- Info about some SOCIAL CUSTOMS that people of that city have.
- Info about what people do and where they go for ENTERTAINMENT.
- Info about the JOB SITUATION and MAJOR SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT for the
people who live there.
To do well in this assignment, one must--
- have an effective introduction that has a catchy
lead, a clear thesis sentence, and a
plan of development sentence;
- have three to four supporting (body) paragraphs, each focusing on
information specified above;
- have a concluding paragraph that restates the thesis and wraps up the
- have a properly formatted and ordered WORKS CITED list that;
- use transitions effectively to connect the ideas;
- and edit the essay
carefully so that it is free as possible of errors.
What are the due dates for this assignment?
Sharing day 1: Wed, 12/4
Sharing day 2: Wed, 12/11
Submit day: Mon, 12/16
Return to Eng 22 page
| Return to Dayle's Home Page |