Undergraduate students interested in research internships can apply through the following programs:
Press, printed or online (partial list)
- History of Mauna Kea snow and ice (recorded public talk), Nov 2014 [youtube].
- Looking for permafrost in Hawaii,
by Brian Shiro, June 2013
- Last Martian Ice Age still waning,
by rburnham, August 2012
- Slope streaks not becoming more common; survive for decades,
by rburnham, March 2012
- Prickly City Comic Strip. Washington Post and Seattle Times, 24 September 2007.
- Jeff Hecht. The ebb and flow of Martian ice. New Scientist Magazine, page 23, 15 September 2007.
- Mars, like Earth, has cyclical Ice Ages study says,
by Brian Handwerk, National Geographic News, September 2007
- Cambio climático: la evolución del clima en Marte
(in Spanish), September 2007
- Mars has had many, many ice ages,
by Nicholos Wethington, UniverseToday, September 2007
- Oliver Morton. Mars revisited. National Geographic Magazine, pages 2-31, January 2004.
- Robert Burnham. A new type of martian landslide. Astronomy Magazine, page 30, November 2003.
- Leo Kadanoff. A model of turbulence. Physics Today, pages 11-13, September 1995.
Link to Astrobiology Seminar Schedule (ASTR740)
M-SIM (Mars Subsurface Ice Model) and other programs (www2.hawaii.edu/~norbert/code/)
"The Third Branch of Physics: Essays on Scientific Computing".
Bibliography for the summit region of Mauna Kea