The Medical Student Mentorship Program
Founded in 2002, the Medical Student Mentorship Program pairs current medical students at the John A. Burns School of Medicine with undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career in medicine. MSMP provides support to students applying to medical school and helps to foster relationships between undergraduates and medical students and faculty. Mentors and mentees are paired according to their academic and extra-curricular interests. Mentorship pairs participate in a variety of activities throughout the year.
GOALS OF OUR PROGRAM
- To facilitate and ameliorate the process of
matriculation into medical school.
- To develop and maintain a formal medical student
mentoring program at the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM).
- To foster mentoring relationships between
undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in medicine and current
JABSOM medical students.
BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAM:
- Be paired with a one-to-one medical student mentor!
- Receive guidance and advice from current medical students.
- Participate in various medical school workshops lead by medical students and physicians.
- Receive regular access to advice and online resources through MSMP's regularly updated resource page and monthly emails.
- Develop and enhance your communication skills.
- Expand your professional network to include future physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Have a companion and a mentor along your journey to medical school.
©2012, Medical Student Mentorship Program (MSMP)