Mānoa Elementary School Library (Fall 2012—Fall 2014)
• Assisted the school librarian with lesson plans, ran circulation desk, and cataloged new books.
Jumpstart for Young Children (Spring 2012)
• Implemented early childhood curriculum and received intensive professional development in preschool literacy development.
UC Berkeley’s Letters and Science 1 (Fall 2011)
• Taught a freshman course discussion section exploring the five disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas in the College of Letters and Science.
UC Berkeley’s Gender and Women’s Studies 98/198 (Fall 2006 and Spring 2008)
• Co-taught a discussion-based course on women’s experiences and issues.
Youth—Plan, Learn, Act, Now! (Spring 2007)
• Developed and implemented city planning activities that helped high school students create a vision for making their school’s community more family-friendly and accessible to youth.
Student Services and Analysis Experience
Hawai‘i P-20 Partnerships for Education
Data Analyst (04/2015—present)
Graduate Assistant (08/2013—04/2015)
College Application Support Specialist (08/2012—08/2013)
• Contributes analysis for Hawai‘i’s College and Career Readiness Indicators, compiling datasets from the National Student Clearinghouse, the College Board, the University of Hawai‘i, and the Hawai‘i State Department of Education.
UC Berkeley Extension Fall Program for Freshmen
Academic Adviser (02/2008—07/2012)
• Advised a yearly cohort of 700 college freshmen and recommended curriculum changes and new resources.
• Increased the accessibility of advising by developing webinar presentations for high school students, which tripled turnout and increased international and out-of-state participation.
• Converted a paper course selection process and a paper satisfaction survey into online processes.
• Administered an annual student satisfaction survey and prepared a summary report with recommendations.
• Awarded the UC Berkeley SPOT staff award (2009) for developing an alumni database and training alumni to speak with prospective students.
UC Berkeley International and Area Studies
Academic Adviser (10/2007—01/2008)
Peer Adviser (08/2006—05/2007)
• Reorganized the Peer Adviser training manual to improve information accessibility.
• Researched and provided information on career, internship, study abroad, and research opportunities relevant to students’ interests.