I am still setting the list and sequence of topics.
And would appreciate your input as to how to allocate effort.
As a starting point we will use two books:
Getting to know ArcObjects: Programming ArcGIS with VBA.
ESRI Press, Redlands, CA.
Gimblett, H. Randy (Editor).
Integrating Geographic Information Systems
and Agent-based Modelling Techniques for Simulating Social and
Oxford University Press.
A third item you should be familiar with is:
Joshua M. Epstein and Robert Axtell
Growing Artificial Societies: Social Sceince from the Bottom Up
It seems likely that we should allocate time for/to:
- a refresher on basic use of ArcGIS.
- introduction to the ArcGIS VBA programming environment
- intro to Python
- Arc9 Model Builder
- examine the state of integration of GIS and simulation modelling
by reading Gimblett's Integrating...
and other recent literature
- experiment with ArcGIS as an environment for building agent-based
- discuss progress and issues as they arise