Visit Honolulu's Museums
OBJECTIVE: The objective is to increase your familiarity
with Honolulu's Museums.
Visit, explore, and describe two of the following museums
(preferably ones to which you have never been or at least
not in the past five years).
- Bishop Museum (Bryan's Map 8, F1)
- Honolulu Academy of Art (Bryan's Map 11, B2)
- Contemporary Museum (Bryan's Map 9, F3,4)
- Maritime Center (Bryan's Map 6, C4)
- Hawaii State Art Museum (250 S. Hotel Street)
- Honolulu Police Dept Law Enforcement Museum (801 S. Beretania Street)
The main part of this is your description of the museums,
perhaps with a bit of history, purpose, and collection
It should be a one to two page report with:
- your name,
the class, the observation assignment title and the date
in the upper right hand corner of the first page.
- A title indicating which Museums
- A paragraph introducing the museums.
- Several paragraphs describing the museums and their collections.
You might want to get evaluative near the end:
do they meet their purpose?
- A summary paragraph to wrap it all up.
- Stapple your admission stubs/receipts to your report.