- PhD. Department of Second Language Acquisition. University of Hawaii, Manoa (Summer 2008). Dissertation title: “No Me Llames de Usted, Trátame de Tú”: L2 Address Behavior Development through Synchronous Computer-Mediated Communication.
- Curso de metodología de la enseñanza del español como lengua extranjera. (Course on Teaching Methodology for Spanish as a Foreign Language) Instituto Cervantes and Department of Modern Languages, Universidad de Granada, Spain. (Summer 2005)
- Graduate Advanced Certificate, Dept of Second Language Studies, University of Hawaii, Manoa (Spring 2003)
- Curso sobre la enseñanza y aprendizaje de la cultura en el aula de español como lengua extranjera. (April 2002) (Teaching and learning culture in the Spanish language classroom). Instituto Cervantes and Department of Language and Literature Methodology, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain.
- Master of Arts. Department of Linguistics, University of Hawaii, Manoa. (Fall 1997). Thesis title: "SNOBOL and a study of Medieval Spanish. An application of computational linguistics to literary texts".
- Master of Arts. Department of European Languages and Literature, Specialization in Spanish Linguistics and Literature. University of Hawaii, Manoa. (Spr. 1993)
- Licenciatura – English Philology. Universidad de Valladolid, Spain (Spr.1991)
- Interim director Language Learning Center, University of Hawaii, Manoa (Spring 2012)
- Assisstant Professor. Dept. of Languages and Lit. of Europe and the Americas, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa (2009-2010)
- Phonetics and pronunciation;
- Fourth year structure of Spanish
- Seminar in Linguistics: Pedagogic Spanish Grammar
- Exchange Faculty. Filología Inglesa (English Studies). University of Sevilla, Spain. (2009)
- 5th year Análisis Pragmático (Pragmatics)
- 3rd year Fonética contrastiva (Contrastive Phonetics)
- Instructor dept. of Second Language Studies (SLS), UH Manoa.
- SLS 418 Instructional Media
- SLS 680P(003) Second Language Pedagogy: Integrating Technology into Language Instruction. (Fall 2008)
- Instructor dept. of Languages and Lit. of Europe and the Americas, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. (1994-2009).
- First and second year Spanish language;
- First year intensive Spanish language
- Third year conversation (O),
- Third year grammar and composition (WI)
- Commercial Spanish (O),
- Phonetics and pronunciation;
- Fourth year structure of Spanish.
- Second year program coordinator (1997, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
- On-line Instructor for the College of Languages, Linguistics and Literatures.
- LLL455 Methods for Language Teachers.(2004-present)
- Materials Development Consultant. Blended Learning Research Project. University of Maryland, CASL Center (Center for Advance Study of Languages).(2008-2010).
- Instructor of Technology in Language Teaching for the MA TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching Program of the University of Canberra, Australia, with University of Education, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam). An intensive two week course for which I developed the curriculum and was the course instructor (January 2008)
- Materials Development Consultant. Course designer and materials development for Spanish Task-based language Program for the US Border Patrol Academy. PerformTech Inc. (2006-2008).
- Research Assistant & Web designer. Foreign Language Program Evaluation Project. SLS Dep. University of Hawai‘i, Manoa. (Dr. John Norris, principle investigator (Spring 2006)
- Study Abroad Resident Faculty UHM /LCC study abroad program at Salamanca and Granada, Spain. (Summer 2002-2005)
- Web-master UHM Language and Lit. of Europe and the Americas and its divisions Homepage creation and maintenance (Spring 1996-currently)
- Language Coach "Off the Map", ABC. (2010-2011)
- Language Coach "El Cepillo de dientes/ The Toothbrush" . UH Late Night Theater (1995)
- Graduate Assistant. Department of Languages and Literature of Europe and the Americas, UHM (1992-1993)
- HALT (Hawai`i Association of Language Teachers) Excellence in Teaching Award (March, 2010)
- 'Oihana Maika'i Award for Research Excellence 2005. Department of Second Language Studies. University of Hawaii (May, 2005)
- University of Hawai'i Research Councli travel award (April, 2005)
- Hawai'i's GSO (Graduate Student Organization) travel award (May, 2005)
- University of Hawai'i Research Councli travel award (2004)
- LLL Instructor Award for Innovative Teaching: Development of an on-line methodological course for language teachers. (Spring 2003)
- LLL Instructor Award for Innovative Teaching: Development of web site for authentic reading materials to implement Spanish curriculum at UHM (Spring 1998)
- Outstanding Graduate Student of Spanish Masters Program, UHM. Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) (Spring 1994)
- European Youth Forum. Working group study grant (Summer 1989)
- Span 310- Spanish for Heritage Speakers. Department of Languages and Literatures of Europe and the Americas. University of Hawai‘i, Manoa. (2011)
- Chao, D., Gonzalez-Lloret, M., Masters, M., & Nielson, K. Post-STARTALK Online Intermediate Chinese Course. University of Maryland Center for Advanced Study of Language, College Park, MD. (2010)
- Technology in Language Teaching for MA TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching Program. University of Canberra, Australia/ University of Education, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) (January 2008).
- Gonzalez-Lloret, M. & Nielson, K. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Instructor Training Program for Spanish Immersion Course. PerformTech, Alexandria, VA. (2007)
- Gonzalez-Lloret, M. & Nielson, K. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Spanish Immersion Training Program. PerformTech, Alexandria, VA. (2006-2007)
- LLL455- Methodology for Language Teachers. Online Course. College of Languages, Linguistics, and Literature. University of Hawai‘i, Manoa (2003).
- Language Learning
- Spanish in Context
- Australian Applied Linguistics
- Pragmatics & Language Learning
- Language Learning & Technology
- Applied Linguistics