- ACTFL Renorming Workshop for OPI Testers, August 2006
- ACTFL Refresher's Course for OPI Tester's Training, May 2005
- AFAP (Advanced Filipino Abroad Program) and UH NFLRC (National Foreign Language Resource Center) Teacher Training, May 21-June 18, 2004, De La Dalle University, Manila.
- ACTFL (American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and DLI (Defense Language Institute), Oral Proficiency Interview Tester's Training, January 5-8, 2004, University of Hawaii.
- Council of Teachers of Southeast Asian Languages (COTSEAL) Teacher Training, January 8-10, 2003, University of California at Los Angeles.
- Fulbright/Consortium for the Advancement of Filipino (CAF) Teacher Training, January 5-10, 2002, Philippine Normal University, Manila, Philippines.
- Taining on the teaching of reading and listening in the second language, University of Hawaii-Manoa (took graduate courses with Dr. David Hiple), 1992-94
- Oral Proficiency Interview training, American Council for the Teaching of Foreign :Languages (ACTFL), 1994
- Training/Experience on the development of teaching materials, Philippines (as a textbook writer); Hawaii (as a writer of lessons; textbook writer; developer of lessons for CD-Rom and the Web.
- Informal training on test development (through workshops and seminars)