HISTORY AND HUMAN LIFESTYLES
Return to Lecture Outline
- what is history?
- what does it mean to be human?
- What is history?
- R. G. Collingwood:
- E. H. Carr:
What is the role of the historian?
- bias versus point of view
- ethnocentrism and chronocentrism
Why is history important to me?
- Read ___________________
- Write ____________________
- Work from __________ to ____________ and back again
- Understand different ___________________
II Human Lifestyles
- What does it mean to be human?
- What are human lifestyles? Why do they change over time?
- Neandertal, c. 100,000 B.C.E.
- homo sapiens sapiens 40,000 B.C.E --
- _____ relationship with the environment
- !Kung people: N!ai
Neolithic lifestyle: _________________________
- 10,000-8,000 B.C.E.---
- _____ relationship with the environment *
- agriculture =
- men and women
Can you connect the two halves of the lecture, history and lifestyles?