education and academic training
Samir K khanal, ph.d., p.e.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering/Biorenewables, Iowa State University, Ames, IA; Mar 2002- Feb 2004.
Research focus: Biofuel/Bioenergy and Biobased Products
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong; Feb 1998 - Feb 2002.
- Master of Engineering (M.S.), Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand; Jan 1996-Aug 1997.
- Bachelor of Engineering (First class with honors), Malaviya National Institute of Technology (formerly, Malaviya Regional Engineering College), Jaipur, India; Sep 1988 - Jan 1993.
- Proficiency Certificate Level (First class with distinction in physics, chemistry and mathematics), Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal; Jun 1985 - Aug 1987.