Samir K khanal, ph.d., p.e.
- 2008 R & D 100 Award for Fungal Process for Ethanol Plant Stillage Treatment.(With J (Hans) van Leeuwen, Mary Rasmussen and Anthony L. Pometto III).
- International Water Association (IWA) Project Innovation Award. (With J (Hans) van Leeuwen, Mary Rasmussen and Anthony L. Pometto III).
- American Association of Environmental Engineering Excellence Award-2008: University Research Grand Prize, Washington, D.C. "Value-Added Products from Dry-Grind Corn Milling Stillage by Fungal Processing."
(With J (Hans) van Leeuwen, Mary Rasmussen and Anthony L. Pometto III).
- UIA 2008 Graduate Research Award, Washington, D.C. "Ultrasound Enhanced Glucose Release from Corn in Ethanol Plants" (Awarded to advisee: Melissa Montalbo).
- Iowa State University Research Excellence Award for Outstanding Ph.D. Research. (Awarded to advisees: Prachand Shrestha and Melissa Montalbo)
- Helen Jones Farrar Award in Bioengineering to Advisee: Devin Takara (Ph.D. student, University of Hawaii at Manoa): Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation (2010).
- Award to Advisees: Sarah Tamashiro and Lindsay Fujimoto (High School Interns, St. Andrew’s Priory School, Honolulu, HI). The high school students were selected to represent Hawaii in International Science and Engineering Fair for three consecutive years (2009, 2010 and 2011). Hawaii Academy of Science (HAS).
- Outstanding Poster Awards in Ph.D. Category (1st and 3rd) in the College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources Student Research Symposium 2010. (Awarded to Advisees: Devin Takara and Saoharit Nitayavardhana)
- Research/Teaching Assistantship, Dept. of Civil Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong (Feb 1998 - Feb 2002).
- German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) Scholarship, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok (Jan 1996 - Aug 1997).
- Higher Education Scholarship, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, India (Sep 1988 - Jan 1993).
- Tribhuvan University Merit Scholarship in Proficiency Certificate Level (PCL) in Science for academic excellence (Jun 1986 - Aug 1987).
- Kapilvastu District Merit Scholarship, Ministry of Education and Welfare, His Majesty Government of Nepal for academic excellence (Jun 1983 - Jun 1984).