Wrap up staining exercises from last week.Experiments to demonstrate the inhibition of microbial growth by antibiotics, spices, chemical and physical agents (m140.8.1) - Handouts pgs. 92
Lecture on the Control of Microorganisms(m140.8.2) - Handouts pgs. 98
Natural products commonly used as antiseptics and disinfectants(m140.8.3) - Handouts pg. 104
Abstract describing the use of H2O2 as a mouthwash (m140.8.4) - Handouts pg 126
LEBOFFE and PIERCE:
- Chapter 7, “The Control of Microbial Growth”, the whole chapter;
- Chapter 8, read about “Mutagens”, pgs.226-228;
- Chapter 20, “Anti-microbial Drugs”, the whole chapter.
- Antibiotic Sensitivity testing: pgs. 223-225.
- Ultraviolet Radiation: pg. 114.
Go back one week
Go forward one week
Go to the top of the Readings and Assignments
[ Syllabus ] - [Other Related Links ]