|last updated Thu Mar-19-2009 12:43|
Variant editions on utilities, full copy
- If only variant edition copy is found, only export the record, do not update it. Treat the exported record as a working template
- If the material is in the P classification, check the call number against our current on-line Authority record. If there is a Classification number in the Authority record, use that classification number. If there is no classification number in the Authority record, search the on-line catalog by author to see if we have other works by the same author. Some adjustment to the call number in the incoming bib record may be necessary, especially for non-LC assigned classifications of authors, to avoid call number conflicts or to adjust the filing order in our database. Cutters (for works by authors whose P classification has already been established in our database) may be assigned based on the Cutter Table. If there is no Authority record for the author, refer the piece after cataloging to Nancy for Authority work.
- Remove from the bib record any reference to OCLC (035, 040)
- Change the Encoding Level in the Leader to 7
- Ensure the Type of Record in the Encoding Level matches the piece in hand
- Add a UHM 040 tag to the bib
- Change fixed fields to reflect piece in hand
- Copy existing local database call number for UHM location(s), if variant edition
- Change the date in the incoming call number to match publication date of incoming material, if variant edition
- Make any other edits to the record as necessary
- File the record to the database
- BAM the bib record, editing to correct errors reported in the BAM. Pay special attention to the series statements, as the rules and indicator codings have changed. Bounce bib records with 490 0 series statements or 830 0 no Authority record statements to Nancy for Authority work.
- Create MFHD (for single piece or multiple pieces; base the coding on the 300 tag in the bib)
- add 866 tag(s) if appropriate
- Create ITEM(s)
- add volume⁄part designation(s) to Enumeration line, if appropriate
- Count stats as 1 Copy for the first piece in a title, 1 Added Piece for each subsequent piece on the same bib; If multiple locations including HAWN or PACC are involved, count HAWN or PACC as the first copy, other collections as added.
- Route piece(s) to PENDINGTOBEDETERMINED