|last updated Thu Mar-19-2009 14:22|
If no copy at all is found anywhere
- Use the General template or the Fiction template, as appropriate
- If a verifiable series if present, use a 490 1⁄8XX combination to input (remember that the series tracing in the index 8XX may differ substantially from the series statement on the piece itself)
- If an unverifiable series is present, use a 490 1 tag to input. You can ignore the Toolkit error message "490:1 = 1 calls for 8XX field". Catalogers will add the 8XX series statement at point of final cataloging.
- File the record into the database
- BAM the bib record, editing as necessary
- Create MFHD (for single piece or multiple pieces; base the coding on the 300 tag in the bib)
- add 866 tag(s) if appropriate
- Create ITEM(s)
- add volume⁄part designation(s) to Enumeration line, if appropriate
- Count stats as 1 piece under Prelim, do not count added copies or volumes. If multiple locations including HAWN or PACC are involved, count the initial stat under HAWN or PACC, as appropriate.
- Shelve in Prelim IN CATALOGING area