|last updated Wed Sep-07-2005 08:54|
MULTIPLE PURCHASE ORDER ON ONE TITLE
There may be instances where several Purchase Orders (POs) were generated to purchase materials, and upon subsequent examination of the materials, it was determined that only one Voyager bibliographical record was desired. Since once a PO has been approved, it cannot be deleted, the following procedure needs to be followed.
- select one bib record as the keepx record
- input a 591 keepx tag at the top of the selected bib record
- in the remaining bib records for the same PO, insert a 591 badacq tag, indicating a bad acquisitions record. Use the format:
badacq keepx vid ####
where the #### is the vid number of the keepx record.
- in the bib records with a badacq 591 tag, insert also a 591 suppx tag
- in the bib records with the 591 suppx tag, suppress the bib record by clicking the "suppress from OPAC" box on the System tab
- save the bib record
- if the suppressed bib record has a MFHD attached, suppress the MFHD
- Input a 591 suppx tag into the suppressed MFHD
- save the MFHD
- Acquisitions does not need to be notified
Contact the Serials Department.