|Last updated Mon Tue Jul-05-2011 06:49|
SERIAL VIDEOTAPE WITHDRAWALS
(Local television programs taped off-air)
DRAFT 7⁄1⁄11 rh
1. Identify program title to be withdrawn. Usually all issues are withdrawn.
2. Notify Wong AV Center
Wong AV Center
1. Retrieve use copies
2. Reformat to streaming video
3. Compile spreadsheet and email to Cataloger
Include: Program title
Videotape call number, including broadcast date
1. Edit analytic bib record to reflect electronic format:
007 Add: Computer file, remote access
007 Delete: Video recording
008 Form of item: o (online)
099 Delete if present
245 Change ‡h [videorecording] to [electronic format]
4xx If present, change to 730 (see below for example)
530 Delete if present.
Streaming video. ‡b [Honolulu : ‡c Wong Audiovisual Center, ‡d 20xx] ‡n <Login with UH user ID required; QuickTime required to view; free download at: http:⁄⁄www.quicktime.com>
538 Change to: Mode of access: World Wide Web.
730 Add if not present. Example: New Alu Like connection (Television program)
971 Add if not already present: SINCLAIR STREAMING VIDEO
2. Create new electronic format MFHD:
852 8_ ‡b OuzZ ‡h ELECTRONIC FORMAT ‡z <Access for UH faculty, students, and staff.>
583 Copy from videotape MFHD.
Example: ‡l Library also has preservation copy (VIDEOTAPE S00039 p1990-09-09)
533 ‡a Streaming video. ‡b [Honolulu] : ‡c Wong Audiovisual Center, ‡d  ‡n <Login with UH user ID required; QuickTime required to view; free download at: http:⁄⁄www.quicktime.com>
856 40 ‡u
4. Delete videotape item record.
If use copy is checked out or lost, add item record note and save item record:
Delete when returned or fine paid. [name, date]
5. Delete videotape MFHD.
If use copy is checked out or lost, add suppress note and suppress MFHD:
6. If all issues are withdrawn and no issues are being checked in:
Create local series authority record; give treatment and history
Delete serial umbrella record, mfhd, and item record.
7. Email spreadsheet to CatSS Supervisor to record withdrawals.
8. Notify Wong AV Center that all withdrawals are completed.
9. Notify Hawaiian Collection librarian that all withdrawals are completed.