Learn at your own pace, at home, with full student and technical support to ensure your success. Learn to be a medical transcriptionist and start a new career. Start your own business. Work full-time, or part-time. This program is convenient and affordable.
Student & technical support is provided by email, fax, or toll free phone!
Students have access to:
Graduates will receive the following services:
- Staff support to identify opportunities and facilitate career placement
- A copy of Contacts and Pricing Guide - the basics of employment in the medical transcription world
- A copy of Start Your Own Successful Medical Transcription Business – a comprehensive 400-page volume to assist those who want to be their own boss
- Evaluation of resume or sales letters
- A referral letter - to support a student AAMT membership application
- Lifetime Help Hotline after graduation
Medical Transcription Online Program is a complete training curriculum intended to bring a beginning student to entry-level competency, and give the skills to progress rapidly once employed. It is designed for independent study. Graduates are thoroughly trained and capable of being employed as competent transcriptionists. Job placement is not guaranteed, however online assistance is available. This course prepares students to take the American Association for Medical Transcription (AAMT) Registered Medical Transriptionist (RMT) exam.
The course takes an average of 640 hours to complete. The average student who works at the course part-time will complete the course in approximately 9 months, depending on each individual’s medical, English grammar, and typing experience. There will be one mid-term and one final exam. A minimum score of 85% is required on the final exam to pass the course.
Kapi'olani Community College, 4303 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu HI 96816, USA
Elaine Chang at (808) 734-9138
| Course | Computer Requirements | Cost | Registration