Students individually shadow an architect, engineer, or other industry professional
for two hours per week (seven times) at times arranged. Three group meetings with all instructors for
orientation and to share experiences. Placements tailored to student needs and interests. Students may enroll two times for credit.
|STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
|Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to...|
- Describe the activities and responsibilities of an architect or engineer based on firsthand observation.
- Report on her/his firsthand experiences in an architectural, engineering, or construction office.
- Describe dress, conduct, communication, and interpersonal relationships that are appropriate, required, or beneficial in a professional office environment.
|TYPICAL COURSE CONTENT
Observation of Architect's or Engineer's Work
Attendance at Office Meetings
Job Site Visits
Attendance at Meetings with Contractors/Clients
Observation of Office Supervision
Observation of Production Work
Attendance at Office Training Sessions
- Prerequisite: AEC 120
- The course is open to AEC majors only.
- Roughly two hours of field shadow per week for seven weeks.
- The course is typically offered only in the fall term.
- View the course synopsis.