Evaluation: Expository Essay
1. What "insight" about this text (that you have found) do you enjoy the most in your essay? What makes that insight so crucial/important?
2. In crafting an expository essay, what skills or techniques are important?
3. What "intersections" between this place and your life did you recognize, if at all? In other words, why does this place really define who you are?
4. What problems did you have with this assignment? If you were able to, how did you overcome these problems?
5. If you were to do an expository essay again, knowing a little bit more about this genre, what piece (e.g. "place") would you select and why?