Desiree Dannenbring's ePortfolio
- Seeking an opportunity to work in an environment that draws upon my enthusiasm and drive for continual self-improvement while aiding the community and implementing innovative ideas.
Summary of Qualifications
- Capable of working effectively as a part of a team or independently, with an outstanding background in community service and dedication to serving the public.
- Works precisely and accurately, demonstrating pride in performance, a high level of organization, and successful work accomplishment.
- Welcomes new challenges, quickly learning new skills and procedures with excellent memory retention and attention to detail.
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer service while utilizing outstanding interpersonal, communicative, and editing skills.
- Holds extensive experience in tutoring children grades K-5 in literacy, reading skills, and creative writing, in addition to the capability to lead creative writing freewrites and exercises with students of high school age.
Student Assistant: Interlibrary Loans
Starbucks Coffee Co.
Cannery Row, CA
- Process lending requests. Scan documents for lending. Retrieve requested materials from shelves. Select and review acquisitions materials and create spreadsheet for resulting library purchases.
John Steibeck Library
May 2013-November 2013
- Maintained high-level customer service and successful problem solving skills while taking orders, preparing quality beverages, and aiding customers. Managed the register effectively while memorizing drink codes and modifications. Completed food handling course and earned certificate. Made high-quality coffee and tea beverages according to Starbucks recipes and standards. Maintained store cleanliness and organization through extensive attention to detail and upkeep. Candidate for selective Coffee Master program.
Boys and Girls Club
January 2013-May 2013
Service Learning Volunteer
- Aided community members by answering questions, finding books, and providing instructions and information about computer usage. Tutored ESL students ages 7-10. Put away books, organized materials, and repaired damaged materials. Helped to organize and lead various community activities and events in a structured and effective manner.
May 2010-August 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
Engineering Office Assistant
- Assisted students with literacy and reading exercises. Tutored students in need of help with homework. Led creative writing exercises in small group settings. Supervised and edited the student-run bi-monthly SCOOP Newsletter.
Olsen Elementary School
January 2010-May 2013
Service Learning Volunteer
- Sorted, scanned, and digitized handwritten mechanical drawings. Filed drawings and customer information. Copied blueprints. Aided during meetings. Helped with the completion of the Quality Control Manual. Greeted customers entering the building. Acquired basic CAD skills.
- Aided 2nd grade students in reading, writing, comprehension, and math. Worked with students individually in vocabulary recognition and timed readings. Served as personal tutor for students with autism. Answered questions during class periods, and kept students on task with scheduled work. Collected homework assignments. Supervised during recess. Assisted teacher during standardized testing.
California State University Monterey Bay
August 2009-May 2013
Analy High School
Graduated: June 2009
- Bachelor of Arts: Human CommunicationEmphasis: Creative Writing and Social Action
- Minor: Outdoor Education