CSAloha was found by two Cambodian students, Mr.
Chanthoeun To and Mr. Savouth Chea, at the first place.
With advices from elders like local Khmers of Hawaii: Mr.
Hongly Khuy, Dr. Chhany
Sak Humphry, Mr. Anthony Deth, Mr. John Keat, Patric Keo; and
Cambodian Students: Ms. Leakhena Nou, Mr. Sochet Vitou Tang, Ms.
Sokha Neuov, Mr.
Kaine Lim, Mr. Phalla Pan, Mr. Seiha Hul, Mr. Boriraks Sar,
Chamroeun Heng, and others ,in Hawaii, CSAloha was offically
formed into a registered independent organizations (RIOs)
named, Cambodian Students of Aloha at the University
of Hawaii (CSAloha).
Its idea was to provides assistance to all Cambodian students
with a goal toward higher education and involved in promoting and
preserving the Khmer Culture and promoting interactions and understanding
among people of Khmer heritage and those who bear interest in Cambodia
and/or her culture and people.
With the help from Cambodian ladies, Aunties,in Hawaii (called,
Meegn, in Khmer), by providing us the time, food, and more, CSAloha
could be able to succeed its goal of most of activities, such as,
the Khmer New Year Celebration in 1997, 1998, and 1999 in Hawaii.
CSAloha has joined with the University of Hawai'i Lab School and
the local Cambodian community of Hawaii to host the cultural events.
This celebration was the big hit which has shown the world that
Khmers are very proud of being Khmer and carried out their culture
along with them and tought their children to follow up. For more,
Further more, CSAloha keeps up with the information technology
to provide all Khmers around the world to communicate effectively
and efficiently through the csaloha's web site.
ACHIEVEMENT OF CAMBODIAN
STUDENTS in the STATE of ALOHA:
- Dr. Sophea Chea -
Communication and Information Sciences (CIS), 2004 - http://sophea.futurecambodia.com/ | Instructor (teaching at the University of Hawaii)
- Dr. Sochet Vitou Tang, Ph.D. School of Architecture
Student Design Award; UH
Design Teams Win in Disney Competition; Honolulu
Star-Bulletin Hawaii News
- Dr. Sovath Bong, Ph.D., Anthropology/archeology -
- Dr. Leakheana Nou, Ph.D. in Sociology - Presently
Dean at University
of Cambodia, Phnom Penh
- Doctorate Candidate, Phalla Pan, in Economic - (from
Hawaii Pacific University), and continue his study to get
his Doctorate in Australia
- Mr. Anthony Deth, Master in Public Administration
as one of leaders of Cambodian community in Hawaii
- Mr. Kaine Lim, Master in Psychology
- Mr. Boriraks Sar, Master of Business Administration
in Internation Business - (Hawaii Pacific University)
- Mr. Chamroeun Heng - MBA/MSIS, Master of Business Administration
and Master of Science in Information System (Hawaii
- Mr. Chanthoeun To - BBA in Management Information Systems, 1999 - Cambodian American Resource Agency | Watt Khmer San Jose - VERB's - SEARAC
- Mr. Savouth Chea - BBA
- Ms. Sokha Neuov - Bachelor
- Mr. Somethy Chea - Return home to work for
- Mr. Roeun Chan - Return home to work for Cambodian
GREAT HONOR TO EARLIER GENERATION OF CAMBODIAN STUDENTS: