Assignment 11: Putting it all together
In this assignment, you will create a full-level OCLC record (for upload to OCLC as an HUH record) with:
· full RDA description
· all applicable AAPs for the work(s) contained in the resource you are cataloging
· all applicable AAPs for associated persons, families corporate bodies
· all applicable AAPs or other references as appropriate for related works, expressions, manifestations
· all relevant control fields, code fields, standard numbers, etc.
· An LCC call number shelflisted for the UHM Library collection
· All applicable 6XX subject heading fields.
This assignment is due no later than December 12, 2013.
You may submit up to three drafts before we upload the record to OCLC. The drafts will be due Nov. 14, Nov. 21, and Dec. 5.
I will schedule a 15-20-minute meeting with you to discuss each draft and suggest corrections, additions, subtractions, etc. When you hand in the final version, there should be no errors or omissions of any kind. You may of course consult with me as often as you need to while preparing your catalog record.
No essay is required, but you may want to jot down questions to either hand in with each draft or to ask me in person when we meet to review your draft records.