Executive Committee Meeting AGENDA Go to minutes
, Ka Lama 102
Attendees: Pat Adams, Pam Hoopii, Karen Muraoka, Jeannie Pezzoli, Suzette Robinson, Alvin Tagomori, Paul Levinson, Clyde Sakamoto
1. Data dialog – Campus Climate Survey – was reviewed by Jeannie and discussed
· Suzette pointed out that it was encouraging and positive to note that the items showing strong agreement were in support & belief in MCC’s programs, services and mission which perhaps arose through having done self assessment, program reviews, accreditation, etc. Areas showing largest disagreement regarding resources, funding, equipment etc. can be “fixed”.
2. 45 Position Appointments for FY07 - updates provided. No major problems noted.
3. County grant
· Disparity issues between community colleges and university nursing faculty and between hospitals and private sector are being discussed systemwide.
· Received a $250,000 grant in Nursing Preceptorship. All those involved in receiving extramural funds for Nursing projects need to meet to see how all align.
4. Enrollment Fall = 1637; Summer = 687
· Second session starts in July so summer enrollment is expected to increase and surpass last summer
· Suzette will ask Diane to provide an updated summer session budget report
5. Pat provided an update on the Accreditation Report progress and described her procedure for incorporating responses from the campus which she solicited via email. She is on schedule for completion.
6. Deficit Progress – Suzette will follow up on the Culinary Arts status. Oral Health and OCET programs are progressing on their plans as mentioned in previous meetings.
7. Program Reviews
· Jeannie to provide
· BOR is requiring that campuses show relationships between program reviews and biennium budget process
· Suzette prepared a matrix showing relationship of positions being filled with our program reviews and will provide a copy to Pat
8. Student Housing
· Agora will submit timeline for project completion
& are prepared to house our students in
· 26-27 students responded to housing
· Agora receives applications 2-4 daily. These are
· 151 Non-resident applications to date, expect to exceed 200 by Spring 07.
9. Marketing for Spring ’07
· Director of Marketing Position – hope to move along
· Need to market an additional nursing class in Spring 07 to accommodate many of the inquiries we are receiving from Oahu due to KapiolaniCC’s decision not to increase their nursing faculty and courses this coming fiscal year.
· We are working towards developing a “health care
10. Chancellor Out-of-State Travel
12. 6th Annual Chancellor’s Golf Tournament on June 24th.
· We have three $2,500 sponsors and at least 32 major sponsors@$1,200 and a waiting list, which exceeds our expectations
· Mona holds two sessions every Thursday at 1 & 3pm & has developed excellent informational literature
14. EOC and Financial Aid Office move occurring July 5-7th, so services will be limited during that time. An announcement will be sent via Maui-Announcements.