Executive Committee Meeting AGENDA Go to minutes
, Ka Lama 102
Present: Kate Acks,
Pat Adams, Scott Broadbent, Cindy Yamamoto for David Tamanaha, Kathryn
Fletcher, Pam Hoopii, Nancy Johnson, Robyn Klein, Dan Kruse, Diane Meyer,
Jeannie Pezzoli, Suzette Robinson,
▪ The Renaissance Hotel will be closed for renovation displacing many workers. They are working with OCET to provide training for these workers as they transition, either into other positions within this company or as they seek positions on the side. Suzette was asked to follow up if they’re taking advantage of Federal resources available & to pursue union partnerships.
▪ EOC is playing an increasing roll in interpreting what it is we are offering here at the college and to our community.
▪ Need to review funding priorities. Electricity and infrastructure will be presented to the president for consideration. The Native Hawaiian priority is already been established as a priority.
▪ Need to complete all the program review presentations and identify which need to be rescheduled.
▪ Will ask flo to present her program health indicators presentation for the next meeting.
▪ OCET already taking action on recommendations and utilizing funds given. Wally hired to review financial piece. No additional money is being requested.
▪ Need to identify program review process needs and health indicators and how it will impact budget decisions
▪ It was agreed that Mr.& Mrs. Dorvin Leis be recognized at our 2005 commencement for the contributions they have made.
▪ We have formally requested that the funds be transmitted to us. The DCCA has also inquired on the status of the funds for the college and the DOE.
▪ Another formal meeting will be held within the next couple weeks.
There are two opportunities to testify
▪ Students are signing a petition today supporting the increase.
We wish to retain our flexibility
through the Rural Development Project. We will be meeting with the
▪ Pat – Date for 100 centennial, Spring of 2007
▪ Suzette – Library IV position will be vacated soon & expressed consideration to be filled.