Institute of Management Accountants
The Accounting Club is a student chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants
IMA is the worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals working in business. IMA is committed to helping you–and their more than 60,000 members–to expand your professional skills, better manage your organization, and enhance your career.
IMA’s mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and the advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance.
IMA does this by:
- Offering a rigorous, highly respected credential—the CMA—that recognizes and rewards expertise
- Building a peer network of professional relationships to share industry experience, access career opportunities, and make business contacts to last a lifetime
- Providing extensive education programs to advance professional knowledge, increase leadership potential, and satisfy CPE requirements
- Giving a voice to the profession with insightful and timely journals and newsletters
- Promoting leading-edge research and industry best practices
- Advocating for the profession in a challenging regulatory environment
IMA is your one-stop source for professional development and career enhancement — giving you access to the tools, information, and peer networks you need to drive your professional potential.
IMA’s comprehensive services and benefits are specifically tailored to the needs of accountants and financial professionals in business.
One of the most widely recognized benefits available to qualified IMA members is the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) program. The CMA credential represents a mark of excellence in the field—and a competitive career advantage. Leading employers know the CMA designation reflects solid achievement in, and commitment to, the profession. This highly regarded program is specifically designed to measure expertise in the practice areas most critical to accountants and financial professionals working in businesses and organizations.
To learn more about IMA, visit their website at www.imanet.org