Established in 1964, the Accounting Club is a proud Student Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants
whose main goal is to promote the professional and personal development of its members.
In cooperation with the School of Accountancy, we provide additional perspectives and supplemental information concerning public, private, and governmental accounting through carefully planned social and business-oriented events.
We continue to rank high among the largest student organizations within the Shidler College of Business and welcome students from all academic disciplines.
- To provide members with opportunities for academic, personal, and professional development so they may contribute effectively and ethically to society and their organizations.
- To serve the community and develop conscientious members of the community through participation in civic activities.
- To build unity within the club while establishing friendships and networks that extend beyond the college career.
- To educate members about the opportunities provided by all sectors of the accounting industry.
- To aspire continuous improvement in all activities to ensure that members perform effectively in today's business environment.
Benefits of Membership
- Exposure to the professional accounting environment through club-coordinated tours and professional interactions.
- Access to up-to-date information through seminars and workshops conducted by University faculty and members of the business community.
- Opportunity for networking and personal growth through social activities and sporting events.
- Exposure to professional organizations which include, but not limited to: IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors), IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), HAPA (Hawai'i Association of Public Accountants), HSCPA (Hawai'i Society of Certified Public Accountants).
The Institute of Management Accountants Student Chapter at the University of Hawaii at Manoa strives to be competitive and one of the best clubs at the Shidler College of Business. We believe we are among the best student organizations in the nation that develop and provide our members opportunities to be competitive in the professional world. Our many awards prove we have a solid quality organization with the highest standards in the country.
- Social Media Master Award - PACE Hawaii 2014 Manoa Club Challenge
- Social Media Master Award - PACE Hawaii 2013 Manoa Club Challenge
- Award of Excellence "Best Newsletter": 2010-2011, Director of Information Systems "Jonathan Pang"
- Outstanding Student Chapter: 2009-2010
- Award of Excellence "Best Website": 2008-2009
- Award of Excellence "Best Newsletter & Best Website": 2006-2008
- Gold Award of Excellence: 2006-2007
- Certificate of Excellence: June 1994